As a long-time partner in streamlining processes and trade facilitation in the country, the Export Development Council, through its Networking Committee on Trade Policies and Procedures Simplification (NCTPPS), lauds BOC’s buy-in to achieving Digital Transformation.
The Bureau has introduced six (6) new automation projects for the efficiency and transparency of its operation. Following are the said projects and their functions:
- 1. The BayaniBox has teamed up with E-Science Corporation to improve the processing of balikbayan boxes, giving overseas Filipinos and their families a smooth customs clearance experience.
- 2. In collaboration with Landbank Philippines, the BOC will soon employ the Link.BizPortal will provide a user-friendly online platform for customs transactions and payment processing.
- 3. The Automated Export Declaration System will streamline export processes and documentation, reducing red tape and facilitating trade.
- 4. The Digitalized Official Receipt System, developed in collaboration with the APO Production Unit, Inc., is a paperless system for the electronic issuing and tracking of official receipts, ensuring financial record accuracy and accessibility.
- 5. The Customs Auction Monitoring System will increase transparency in the auction process for confiscated goods, fostering integrity and accountability.
- 6. The redesigned BOC Website is more user-friendly and informative, allowing stakeholders quick access to customs-related information and services.
BOC also announced that the Philippines moved up 17 notches in the World Bank Logistics Performance Index (LPI), bagging the 43rd spot out of 139 countries. It is a good indicator that the bureau is getting mileage in implementing the ease of doing business in the country.
BOC Commissioner Bienvenido Y. Rubio led the launching of the said automation projects during their BOC Mid-Year report program with the theme, “Achieving Milestones Through Digital Transformation,” on 21 July 2023 at the Sofitel Philippine Plaza Manila. AGPM