DTI EMB-EDC-PHILEXPORT celebrates its first-ever Exporter’s Night 2022
The Department of Trade and Industry-Export Marketing Bureau (DTI-EMB), Export Development Council (EDC), and Philippine Exporters’ Confederation Inc. (PHILEXPORT) celebrated the first Exporters’ Night separately from the National Export Congress; as part of the week-long celebration of the National Exporters’ Week 2022 with the theme: “Paving the Way towards Exporting Breakthroughs” on 06 December 2022 at The Grand Ballroom, Marriott Hotel.
The Exporters’ Night celebrates and recognizes the stellar performances, invaluable contributions, and innovations of the Top 10 Exporters of Goods and Top 6 Services, 28 Government Agencies (TRGAs).
Also recognized were Export Development Council (EDC) Networking Committees (6 awardees) in fostering an enabling business and collaborative environment for exporters towards the development and growth of the export industry.
Impact story on the TROPHY and TOKENS
The TROPHY has been handcrafted using upcycled materials by the displaced victims of the Taal Volcano which last erupted in 2020. Designer Dr. Wilhelmina Garcia, is the founder of JunkNot, a social enterprise committed to community engagement and sustainable waste management.
The Tokens were also handcrafted by Filipino artisans in Bicol, tapped by Ms. Camille Albarracin, founder of Everything Green, a social enterprise based in Quezon City. The eco-carrying bag is made from abaca and jute fabric and macramé abaca – 100% natural material. The upcycled leather strap from used leather applies the concept of the Circular Economy to the design.
Top Sectoral Exporter Award
The following companies are accorded the Top Sectoral Exporter Award which has achieved the highest value of a 1-year stellar record of export revenue performance of the immediate past year (2021), including the export performance for the last two (2) consecutive years (2019-2020) from their respective sectors based on data provided by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA). These companies are considered to have significantly contributed to the export performance of the country, working together with Philippine small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and remaining committed as major partners for the creation of jobs and investments in the Philippines:
1. Electronics Sector: CEBU MITSUMI INC.
2. Minerals Sector: SR METALS
3. Electricals Sector: SANYO DENKI PHILIPPINES INC.
4. Processed Food Sector: SNAPSNAX VENTURES INC. (SVI)
5. Chemicals Sector: STEPAN PHILIPPINES QUATERNARIES INC. (SPQI)
6. Oils, Fats, & Waxes Sector: OLEO FATS INC.
7. Marine Sector: SHORELINE CRAB PHILIPPINES INC. (SCPI)
8. Construction Materials Sector: NANBU PHILIPPINES INC. (NPI)
9. Metal Manufactures Sector: ROSARIO FASTENERS CORPORATION
10. Housewares Sector: DURUS INDUSTRIES CORP.
Services Excellence Award
These companies have shown an exemplary contributions to the industry in terms of revenue, employment, and innovations. They started small but have excelled in overseas market penetration and executed outstanding performance and contribution as industry players and exhibited excellence in their respective fields:
1. Franchising Services: ORYSPA SPA SOLUTIONS INC.
2. Construction Services: STA. CLARA INTERNATIONAL CORPORATION (SCIC)
3. Software Development: SPRING VALLEY TECH CORPORATION
4. Game Development Sector: RANIDA GAMES INC.
5. Animation Services: TOP PEG ANIMATION & CREATIVE STUDIO, INC.
6. Health Information Management Services (HIMS): POINTWEST TECHNOLOGIES CORPORATION
Government Agencies Recognition
These government agencies have expressed timely and effective assistance to aspiring and existing exporters, especially in addressing urgent concerns of exporters referred to them by the DTI and the EDC as follows:
1. Anti Red Tape Authority (ARTA)
2. Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources (BFAR)
3. Bureau of Plant Industry (BPI)
4. Philippine Coconut Authority (PCA)
5. Biodiversity Management Bureau (BMB)
6. Environmental Management Bureau (EMB)
7. Forest Management Bureau (FMB)
8. Mines and Geosciences Bureau (MGB)
9. Office of International Economic Relations (OIER)
10. Office of Consular Affairs (OCA) : Passport Division
11. Office of Consular Affairs (OCA) : Authentication Division
12. Bureau of Customs (BOC)
13. One-stop-shop Tax Credit And Duty Drawback Center
14. Philippine National Police (PNP) – Firearms and Explosives Office (FEO)
15. Board of Investments (BOI)
16. Bureau of Import Services (BIS)
17. Center for International Trade Expositions and Missions (CITEM)
18. Foreign Trade Service Corps (FTSC)
19. Intellectual Property Office of the Philippines (IPOPHIL)
20. Philippine Economic Zone Authority (PEZA)
21. Philippine International Trading Corporation (PITC)
22. Strategic Trade Management Office (STMO)
23. Philippine Ports Authority (PPA)
24. Office of the Director General
25. Center for Cosmetics and Household Urban and Hazardous Substances Regulation and Research (CCHUHSRR)
26. Center for Drug Regulation and Research (CDRR)
27. Center for Food Regulation and Research (CFRR)
28. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)
Export Development Council Networking Committee Awardees
Finally, the following are EDC Networking Committee (NC) Chairs who served as export champions through business and collaborative public-private partnerships aimed at developing and growing the export industry:
1. Dr. Enrico L. Basilio, Chairman of the NC on Transport and Logistics
2. Secretary Ernesto V. Perez, Co-Chairman of the NC on Transport and Logistics
3. Dr. Danilo C. Lachica, Chairman of the NC on Trade Policies & Procedures Simplification
4. Atty. Rami Amer G. Hourani, Co-Chairman of the NC on Legislative Advocacy and Monitoring
5. Mr. Oscar A. Barrera, Chairman of the NC on Legislative Advocacy and Monitoring
6. Mr. Philip C. Young, Chairman of the NC on Agri-Policy
In total, 50 awardees were chosen based on their export performance in 2021 including their contribution to the revenue, employment, innovations, and export track record.
On-stage during the Exporters’ Night Awarding Ceremony at the Marriott Hotel Grand Ballroom, Pasay City: MR. SERGIO R. ORTIZ-LUIS, JR., President and CEO of the Philippine Exporters Confederation, Inc. (PHILEXPORT), Honorary Chairman and Treasurer of the Philippine Chamber of Commerce & Industry and Vice-Chairman of Export Development Council; ASEC. GLENN G. PEÑARANDA, Assistant Secretary and Officer-in-Charge of the DTI Trade Promotions Group, Executive Development Council (EDC) Executive Committee Chairman, Coordinating Officer of the Foreign Trade Service Corps (FTSC); MS. BIANCA PEARL R. SYKIMTE, Assistant Director and Officer-in-charge with DR. JHINO B. ILANO, Assistant Director of the DTI-Export Marketing Bureau; and MS. ELSA DELA PAZ-VALENZUELA, Deputy Executive Director of the Export Development Council. AOB