The new Trade Secretary Alfredo E. Pascual, also the President of the Management of Association of the Philippines (MAP) highlights the ten (10) strategic priorities of the Department of Trade and Industry.
The key priorities aim to create opportunities for DTI and the private sector to work together for shared goals. These will also be the new administration’s focus on improving trade and industry, including export expansion believed to help in job generation and economic recovery in general.
Following are the ten (10) key priorities:
1. Upgrade, upskill, and upsize Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises (MSMEs)
2. Foster industries geared to the domestic market
3. Promote and support regional development
4. Ensure the availability of accessible and affordable food
5. Reconfigure Philippine export sectors into industry clusters
6. Enable jobs-skills matching and skills upgrading
7. Improve ease of doing business
8. Create an enabling environment for attracting investments and expanding exports
9. Protect and empower the consumers
10. Transform DTI into an agile organization
These key priorities were presented at the PHILEXPORT 3rd Quarter General Membership Meeting on August 31, 2022 at the Banquet Hall, PICC Manila and also at the Management Association of the Philippines in July 2022. To know more of the details, you may click this link. PLM